Friday, December 2, 2011

Knitting a scarf (and completing it)


On November 29th, 2011 I completed my first scarf. A friend who passed away showed me how to knit scarves. A year or so later another friend continued the knitting education. I started a white scarf that I dropped lines and added lines. It was a mess (see photo below) I never finished the scarf. I stopped knitting for a year and decided that this year I would pick up the project again. I had some brown yarn laying around and from what I remembered I slowly started making a scarf. The best part, it was all even! I finished the scarf, only one issue stood in my way, how do I get the scarf off the needle? I You Tubed the process but was still unsure of how to do it. One wrong move and BAM start the entire process over with. One day at my six year olds swim lessons I noticed a lady who was knitting. What luck! The next week she showed me how to drop stitches, add them, block, and how to take the yarn off and finish the scarf. I was so excited! I still am. I finally completed a scarf. I am still a basic knitter and only can knit scarves. Soon I hope to move onto knitting a hat! I hope to publish my knitting projects!
My poor attempt at knitting my VERY first scarf I never finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment