Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Second Batch

I was thinking that if I made the batter before the Little One's swim lessons and work then I would be one step ahead of the cooking game. I did not fit into the equation that a sinus infection would flare up, the Little One would be crabby, and it would be much later when we arrive home.

Did that derail me from cranking that oven on? Not one bit, fellow readers. Ignoring orders from my Beau to go to bed early. I popped an Advil and started rolling out balls for peanut butter blossoms and peanut butter cookies. 


Rolled and Prepped!

I remembered the eggs and all the other ingredients (See First Batch).

First step when making blossoms or anything requiring to unwrap a large amount of candy is to hire someone to unwrap each individual Hershey's kiss.
I ate some...
Second step is to get the lap top in the kitchen and turn on some CSI. It really helps the time go along. Note that the Christmas music has been turned off. Third step is to try and find ways to improve your baking experience. I rolled out each ball and put them on wax paper so they were prepped and ready for oven (see photo above). Overall, I shaved a good 5.5 minutes off of my time from last night. I am going to take some Sudafed and not forget to turn the oven off.


On the second day of
cookie making Santa
 still has not
delivered me an elf...




Blossoms!

Peanut Butter
I am caught up on CSI NY and Vegas

You see that one blossom that has a messed up Hershey? Spoiler Alert: It does not make the freezer bag. I ate it. 


Tomorrow night will be the dreaded
... fudge....

No comments:

Post a Comment