Thursday, December 8, 2011

Boys, Boys, Boys

I went through the online dating world (See Online Dating: Exposed). One of the guys who messaged me from the website had an opening line of how his parents named him after a blade of grass. I knew I was hooked forever.
We chatted online about simple things. Fresh Prince, doing the Carlton Dance, hobbies... safe topics. He really wanted to meet me, but I was scared and because I did not want to meet him, he stopped talking to me. I decided to pull up my bootstraps and put the brave sweater on. I could meet someone offline. Without drinking my liver to death.
My sister and I went to meet our favorite band and dance the night away, while also meeting someone from the online dating scene - offline. We did not work out. Great person, different types of people. I had a blast dancing and knew that I could finally do it. I could meet someone else now. I was on a roll. And I did it. I met another guy (alone ((without my sister)) at a coffee shop!), who was a very nice person, but not my type. Two boys under the belt. The grass guy had not messaged me back. I put up a new photo of myself, got a great feedback from other boys, but one message I was excited to see in my inbox. Grass Guy messaged me. I was ready to meet him. Pumped to add another guy under this now seemingly competition I was having with myself. I was late for our meeting, of course. I had just left from chaperoning a dance. I danced and was sweaty. Not my ideal way to walk into a date. I met him at the restaurant and I talked like someone was holding a gun to my head and would shoot it if I stopped talking. We talked for two hours in the parking lot after we left the restaurant. If you are wondering ladies, he did not give me a goodnight kiss. We met several times after that night and finally after he asked me several times to be his girlfriend, I said yes to him to be exclusively his. The journey we are on has been amazing, I am excited to see what the future hold for us both. I think that we compliment each other in many ways.... and I do enjoy dating someone who was named after a blade of grass.

.Timothy.

1 comment: